welcome to the brand spanking new “world citizen” version of doberman pizza. the site’s new, long awaited design is partly an homage to my recent pilgrimage. if you were wondering why there were so few signs of life during the past week, this is why. I’ve been working on putting together the new design, now running on wordpress. it’s my little way of saying happy ayyam-i-há 2007! here’s hoping all of you have an excellent week and a great lead-up to the Fast—don’t forget that we change our clocks during the Fast this year.
by the way, you may find that certain links are no longer working or that they get displayed using the old design and interface. there are so many links in my blog that it’s going to take me a little while to do sanity checks on them all, so please bear with me—and feel free to report any such broken/crazy links as comments to this post. and above all, do keep checking back in the weeks to come; I’ll be adding new parts of the site as I get the hang of wordpress plugins and get them working right.
so yo. seeing as doberman pizza was recently featured on Baha’i Blog, now might be a good time for a brief newcomer’s introduction to all the people who may never have dropped by before. my name is dan and I’ll be your blogger tonight. I hail from the capital city of Canada where I work on websites along with a number of fellow Baha’i webmasters, including the notorious Martin of MartinsQuest.com.
Content at doberman pizza ranges from personal quips and musings through poetry to commentary about current events within the Baha’i community and the world at large. Updates come a few times a week, so keep coming back for more. Along the top you’ll see a teeny-tiny navigation bar: blog is what you’re reading now, portfolio will show you some stuff I’ve worked on, scrapbook is where you’ll find my photosets and online albums, misc is full of links (including other Baha’i blogs out there), and the question mark is where you go if you have no clue what’s going on.
This website has been going since March 1994—happy 12th birthday!—and has gone through many changes throughout its history. the present incarnation of the blog has been going since February 2002, and started out life as a way for me to communicate with my family and friends while I was out on a year of service in Victoriaville, Quebec. Now, people from all five continents are regular (or semi-regular) readers. Feel free to glance through the archives and see what lies in wait there for you.
in a word, welcome. and thanks for dropping by!
I got a hit from Burkina Faso!
Bienvenue à mes amis burkinabè! 🙂
hidey ho friends on this dark and cloudy day full of promise of whiplash and dangerous behaviour. this is your captain speaking, thank you for flying squished bugs airlines, you are on the flight from ottawa straight to heaven knows where, please note that we will not be stopping for potty breaks. please note that this is a non-smoking flight; anyone caught lighting up will be immediately and forcibly ejected. our movie tonight is Ishtar meets Jaws, and our in-flight menu is printed below. please buckle your seatbelts and prepare for massive and irresponsible turbulence. over and out, charlie.
- when does Loblaws restock (whenever they feel like it?)
- what happened at the doberman pass? (that’s for me to know and you to butt out)
- MacArthur Bowling lanes (this might help)
- comment preparer la pizza
- i mean photos of wwe smackdown on september 19 2002 (sorry, I didn’t hear you the first time)
- o people of baha
- crazy doberman eating self (…and I think we have a winner for this month’s wierdest search)
- compactor photoblog (hi, my name’s bud. I work at a compactor. here are photos.)
- tim hortons name of donat (doNUT! doNUT!!!!)
- silver refining pics
- big apple hostel blog
- u kick my dog (liar, did not)
- signification odanak (ça veut dire “au village”, ou simplement “village”)
- sky blog msp (don’t mix your search terms, it’s bad for you)
- paint bedroom in cat in the hat (sure!)
- that’s nice pizza (yes, it is)
- toyota car fumes seal
- martin reflection meeting Ottawa (he’s inimitable)
- naw ruz inshallah
- harriet’s magic hats (yay!)
- baha’i fast (and variations)
- ottawa lactose free pizza
- noodle pizza (eww)
- What is Ayyam-i-ha (here you go)
- “i got a haircut today” (so did I!)
- baha’i dating
- regles du tock (voir ici!)
- Hair Salon Blogs (hmmmmmm… try this one maybe?)
- celebration 162
- used mopeds in victoriaville
- It seems like everything important that we do, and you’re wearing white and I am wearing bleu (that ought to be a song lyric)
- laurent bakery phil
- love.persian blog
- holla back video by no doubt (dammit, you found my secret link!!!)
- heres a little story of a man named jed (heheheh)
- days importante the sahara desert (IshTAR!!)
- horse language
- all i want is a photo of a pizza (well FINE THEN)
- john paul II+vegetarianism (was he a vegetarian too?)
- every time i cough I get tired (you’ve got SARS)
welcome to the newly redesigned doberman pizza – at your service. take a look around and explore; I hope you like it! lots of things have been added and/or shuffled about to make them stand out more. some of the new things you’ll notice are: the photo of the week, on the sidebar; my portfolio with links to websites I’ve created; the scrapbook, which houses my photos and videos of various events, people and places; and the help section, which houses a site map and FAQ (as well as a brief introduction about me). Of course, many old standards remain, such as: the pokéname generator (the highest-traffic part of this website); Find The Beagles; the CABS slang glossary; and, of course, my photoblog. All of these are accessible on the “misc” page — and, of course, my photoblog is accessible on the sidebar. A couple of other things are in the works, most notably a site that deals with Bahá’í pioneering goals: presenting goal areas and giving information about them that might interest those willing and able to offer service as travel teachers or pioneers to help fulfill the Canadian Bahá’í Community’s homefront and international goals. Drop by often in the next month for more news on that.
What else can I say? I really hope you enjoy the new layout. If you find anything that doesn’t work or that seems like it could use improvement, don’t hesitate to send me your comments by clicking on the link at the top of the sidebar. I appreciate all the feedback I can get as I work to perfect my website and adapt it to the people who visit it.
Ok, that’s it. Marketing spiel over. I’m going to bed. Happy August 1st 😉
Blogger seems to have added comments to their functionality. I changed my blog to reflect this. you may now add comments directly to whatever post you want; just click on the link at the bottom of the post that says, for example, “0 comments”. yay!
To celebrate, I’m going to go fly a kite. Who’s with me?