Dan Jones was born in Montréal, Québec, the youngest son of a family of Bahá’í pioneers. His father is an American-born writer and editor, and his mother is an Acadian-born artist. His family ended up in the Ottawa area later on and stayed there for quite a while, where he received much of his primary school education in French, and the rest of it in English. After completing a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and specializing in website and interface design (during which he coded up many silly things, such as what’s your pokéname?), Dan packed up and left for the towns of Victoriaville and Drummondville, Québec, to offer two years of service to the Bahá’í community there. He returned to Ottawa in July 2004, spending his time continuing to serve in various aspects, creating new web designs, and making himself useful. In 2009, during a period of international service in Vietnam, he met a lovely Bahá’í woman named Quỳnh, whom he married the following year. He enjoys travel, nature, music and singing, poetry, photography, kung fu movies, gaming, cycling, teaching, being of service to people, and sharing a laugh or two with friends. He currently works at the Conference Board of Canada, maintaining their website and generally making things look pretty. He’s also open to connecting with others to work on side projects.
doberman pizza is a personal website he’s maintained since March 1994. It’s gone through many changes over nearly two decades of existence, having acted as a testing ground for his web design and development skills. He updates it every once in a while, along with baha’i children’s class ideas, a blog dedicated to learning about children’s classes as a core activity of human society.
what i’ve been reading
- 239 Days in America, a social media documentary on ‘Abdu’l-Bahá’s visit to North America
- Agency and Change, discourse on social transformation
- Baha’i Blog, the inimitable, the quintessential—”For everything Baha’i”
- Baha’i Faith in Egypt, following the struggles faced by the Bahá’ís of Egypt
- Baha’i Views, multimedia records of Baha’is in Tacoma, WA, and much more
- Change is Gonna Come, intelligent discourse on race, prejudice and unity in a divided America
- Common Ground Group, covering the interaction between religion, philosophy, and science
- Jeune Street, inspired commentary on issues animating the global village
- Nineteen Months, a Baha’i photoblog
- Povo de Bahá, Bahá’í news and issues, as reported from Portugal
- Sahar’s Blog, writer and old study circle pal from Montreal
- Sliding Thoughts, poetry, discovery and reflection near the Dawning-Place of Remembrance
- Soulpancake, a morass of inspiration, deliberation, and awesome
get in touch
You can drop me a line if you’d like!