For those of who aren’t yet subscribed to my Twitter feed, here’s what you’ve been missing for the past week:
- AAAHHHHHH IT’S FREAKING HOT
- touched down in Saigon a couple of hours ago, everything seems to be ok so far. i’m off to bed in a sec. look for photos tomorrow.
- GOOD MORNING VIETNAM! ok, I know you all wanted me to say that, so now it’s out of the way. the roosters outside do help add a little colour
- i suppose i could pull an april fool’s prank of some sort but reality is just much cooler than jokes right now
- the visit to KFC (Gà rán Kentucky) in Saigon was funny. rice? with gravy on it? wow. and yeah, I know, you’d think I’d go for phở first off.
- the noise here is amazing. from 7 AM to 10 PM it’s kids, roosters, motorcycles, street vendors, TVs, radios, pretty much anything
- reading and re-reading a Baha’i pioneering doc about culture shock; all the symptoms seem to apply. praying for serenity while i adjust.)
- getting my calendar in order right now. got a bit more of a gameplan going now that my head is a little clearer.
- sunshower time in saigon. just had lunch – stirfried veg, shrimp/beef and some fish soup thing. going out later today to do some banking.
- uhh did I say sunshower? I meant apocalyptic thunderstorm. currently cowering in the nearest closet.
- thunderstorm over. well that was weird http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwTA2nZ2-2E
- i’m all Saigonned out for the night x_X do check out my latest blog entry: http://pizza.sandwich.net/2009/04/good-evening-vietnam.shtml
- At the Baha’i Centre in Saigon; just met with the NSA. the Baha’is are real friendly! going out for lunch in a few min. pho maybe (finally)?
- no pho yet. had just about everything else, though. dinner at Ben Thanh market last night. like the Byward Market, only much, much bigger.
- doing some desk/laptop work at home. happy, sam?
- Phở GET
- MUAH HA HA HA HA HA HA http://www.flickr.com/photos/dragfyre/3416506882/
- using wi-fi at Saigon Baha’i Centre. awesome. busy street outside is noisy as heck. taking some time to blog a little, then more web design.
- went to borrow a bike from one of the local Baha’is here – a little low w/ no gears, but it’ll do. everyone is so gracious and friendly here
- internet access has been pretty weird here… unable to access certain websites at different times. yesterday facebook, today google news…
- vietnamese web designers don’t seem to get the concept of whitespace around blocks of text. it makes me want to cry… out in frustration
- collecting photos of vietnamese art as fodder for the creative process. lotus and bamboo are top symbols, red and yellow top colours. go me.
- Saigon will either cure me of my dislike of loud noises, or render me hopelessly insane. people need to oil their doors here ;_;
- taking a quiet morning to do some sketching.
- Nu’s housekitten seems to like biting my pencil as I work… as well as my nose.
- testing out brightkite from a little hole in the wall in HCMC – http://bkite.com/06kXb
- happy easter weekend to everyone! it’s not celebrated as a public holiday here in Vietnam, but i’m on holiday anyway so 😛
- “Don’t worry, I already know how to get there” is turning out to be a very useful Vietnamese phrase. …anyone know how to say it?