Here’s the schedule of activities for the Tristan Schuurman Junior Youth Teaching Project, taking place this weekend in Sector 9. Come on out and join in the fun and fellowship!
Friday, Aug. 13th
- 7 pm: Icebreaker + Dance workshop + social. Dance workshop will come from Chelsea, and maybe even teach some of the dances! After the dance workshop performs (and throughout the project), there is an excellent opportunity to invite junior youth to join a study circle. Location: 40 Landry St.
Saturday, Aug. 14th
- 3 pm: Devotional program followed by a workshop. PLEASE LET THE JUNIOR YOUTH KNOW TO BRING SOMETHING ALONG TO EAT. WE WILL BE EATING DINNER TOGETHER. Location: Benoit-James residence. WE CAN MAYBE WALK AS A GROUP TO THE HOWDEN’S, DEPENDING ON THE LOCATION OF THIS EVENT.
- 7 pm: Open discussion/fireside: Junior youth will be facilitated in a discussion of their choice, allowing for opportunities to input Baha’i ideas. Location: Howden’s.
Sunday, Aug. 15th
- 12 noon: Picnic in Strathacona Park. Activities geared towards junior youth. Simple things like a good ol’ fashioned soccer game, etc. work really well. PLEASE LET THE JUNIOR YOUTH KNOW THAT MORE INFORMATION IS IN THE LAST NEWSLETTER, AND THAT THE PICNIC IS A POTLUCK.
- 7 pm: Coffeehouse at Catherine’s place. Opportunity for junior youth to showcase their talents and socialize. If we haven’t already had a chance, an excellent opportunity to invite junior youth and/or their parents to study circles.